tisdag 22 november 2011

An essay

ICT tools in primary school; a way to the world outside
Its a discussion about using ICT in the Swedish school and let our pupils use computers during the lessons and try other ways to find knowledge. Some teachers think this is wrong and some teachers think it's right. I am one of the persons who think it's right to use computers in school.
I use my computer every day, searching information, speak with friends, buy stuffs and tickets and looking TV and movies. It develops me as a human and make me more open and well-educated. I can't imagine a life without computer and don't understand how people can live without it.
Of course I think my pupils should have the same opportunity to gain knowledge and be open to the world outside school. They can find information themselves and I can use it when I'm teach and let them watch videos and current news clips.

The pupils will also be confident with using computers, writing on a keyboard and look after information. This is becoming increasingly important in today's society and when we apply for jobs. Some people may say it's more important to write by hand and it's also is, but let a pupil in grade 1 write on a computer sometimes is good because it gives them the knowledge of how letters and figures look.

I think people who don't think ICT in school is good, have poor knowledge about computers and the possible ties it provides. We live in a modern society and it's time to make the school be modern too.

4 kommentarer:

  1. Good argumentative text! Here are a few minor thing.
    "Its" = It´s
    "in the Swedish school" = in Swedish schools
    "during the lessons" = during lessons
    "speak with friends, buy stuffs and tickets and looking TV and movies" = speaking with friends, buying stuff and tickets and looking at TV and movies
    " I can't imagine a life without computer and don't understand how people can live without it." = computers .......without them.
    " use it when I'm teach" = when I´m teaching
    "confident with using computers" = in using...
    "and it's also is" = an it is
    " make the school be modern too." = make school modern too.

    SvaraRadera
  2. There's not much to say after Therese's comments. I think it looks good.

    SvaraRadera
  3. I think it looks good! But you should perhaps have more paragraphs!

    SvaraRadera
  4. I think your structure is very good, but maybe the introduction shouldn’t be longer than the arguments.

    SvaraRadera